Meet Our Team
JOHN I. DELGADO, MD
- University of Chicago, Undergraduate Studies
- Harvard University, Undergraduate Studies
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago
- Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Chicago Affiliated Hospitals
- Fellowship, Gastroenterology, University of Florida Department of Medicine
- Fellowship, NIH Heart, Lung & Blood Institute, Bethesda, Maryland
Certification & Licensure
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Gastroenterology
- Illinois Medical Licensure
- Florida Medical Licensure
Memberships & Honors
- University of Chicago Alumni Association
- University of Illinois College of Medicine Alumni Association
- American College of Physicians
- American Gastroenterology Association
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- University of Florida Alumni Association
- Department of Gastroenterology at Tampa General Hospital, Department Chief
ARNP – C
As Center Director and Lead Provider of our N. Armenia Ave clinic in beautiful South Tampa, Florida, I have seen patients with a wide range of complaints, from simple itching, minor bleeding, and internal hemorrhoids to severe and sometimes sudden rectal pain from anal fissures, fistulas, abscess’ and external thrombosis, and have even diagnosed anal cancers.
I am expert at diagnosing anal-rectal pathology, having received one-on-one specialty training by colorectal surgeons, and by both GI and Family practice providers. I am also well trained in several office-based treatment methodologies, always emphasizing the least invasive treatments first. I will explain the choices available, and work with you to make a plan just for you, that fits your lifestyle and goals.
Here at HemWell America, we are determined to help you feel better as quickly and painlessly as possible, from the moment you call, or walk into one of our clinics. We offer a welcoming, relaxing environment, and friendly and compassionate medical assistants and providers, who are all ready to do their very best , and to go the extra mile to get you well. We all try to add a healthy dose of fun and humor to every visit when we can.
Master of Science in Nursing- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 2009
Undergraduate- Nashville State Technical Community College; New York University
Country, and all good music, singing, songwriting, guitars, bicycling, human and animal rights, healthy food, great movies, old cars, good books, peace & serenity, the hokey pokey…
I am trained in rubber band ligation, external excisions as well as one of the founding members of the company. I also like to sing Folsom Prison Blues.